H.R. 3215 – Identity Theft and Tax Fraud Prevention Act
Wednesday, February 13th, 2013 @ 11:34PM
H.R. 3215, Identity Theft and Tax Fraud Prevention Act introduced in the House on October 14, 2011.
- It provides for criminal penalties.
- Provides for penalties for preparers of returns.
- Provides for a PIN system.
- Limits the amount of money to $10,000,000 per year that the IRS Commissioner can use for enforcement in preventing and resolving cases of tax fraud.
- Provides for Local Law Enforcement liaison.
- Requires IRS to provide annual report on tax fraud to House and Senate.
- Provides for the study of debit cards used in tax fraud.
- Restricts access to Death Master File.
- Provides for disclosure of tax information to prison officials.
- Provides for the Secretary of the Treasury to review current federal tax laws to determine whether greater information sharing between the IRS and state and local enforcement authorities would improve enforcement.
Posted by Robert Strait
Categories: House bills
No comments yet. Be the first!